Purpose of Your Job Position
As a Consulate Health Care Business Office Manager I, you are entrusted with the responsibility of caring for our residents, families, coworkers,
visitors and all others; as well as demonstrating in all interactions, Consulate Health Care’s five core values of Compassion,
Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Passion. The primary purpose of your job position is to assist in the day-to-day accounting functions of the
facility in accordance with current acceptable accounting and cost reimbursement principles relating to nursing facility operations, and as
may be directed by the Executive Director. You are entrusted to provide innovative, responsible healthcare with the creation and
implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results.
As Business Office Manager I, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out
your assigned duties. May oversee Business Office Coordinator and Customer Service Representative This job description does not list all
the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your
performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time, for any reason.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist in implementing the day-to-day functions of the accounting department.
2. Bill all Medicaid on the first business day of the month.
3. Bill all new Medicaid approvals within 24 hours of receipt of the approval letter.
4. Invoice HMO within 48 hours of discharging a resident.
5. Invoice HMO on all residents, in-house at the end of the month, by the third business day of the next month.
6. Invoice all co-insurance within 48 hours of receiving a remittance from Medicare.
7. Make follow up calls on a weekly basis to insurance and private balances.
8. Report Medicaid pending every Friday by 2:00 PM, where appropriate.
9. Report cash collections by Friday at 2:00 PM, where appropriate.
10. Post all cash on a daily basis.
11. Post pharmacy key occurrence codes monthly.
12. Implement written policies and procedures that govern the accounting functions of the facility.
13. Assist in the establishment and maintenance of an adequate accounting system that reflects the operating cost of the facility.
14. Assist in standardizing the methods in which work will be accomplished.
15. Over sees the following:
a. Maintenance of open packing slips and purchase order files.
b. Matching invoices to packing slips and purchase orders.
c. Process and verify payment of invoices on a timely basis
d. Verification of invoices received for quantity, unit price, extensions, and discounts.
e. Make written reports to the Executive Director on invoices received that do not match purchase orders.
f. Forward invoices to appropriate department personnel for approval for payment.
g. Code invoices with appropriate chart of account number to ensure that expenses are distributed to the correct expense
h. Preparation of invoices for keypunching.
i. Verification of voucher reports, remittance advices, check and journals for the accuracy of each report.
j. Attach original invoice to duplicate copy/canceled check for permanent record.
k. Send checks and maintains a file of paid invoices.