Experience: 5 - 10 years
Title: Data Architect
Location: Atlanta, GA
Type: 6 Month Contract to Hire
# of Pos: 1
CCCi’s client has an immediate opening for a Data Architect. The Data Architect will provide accountability for enterprise database structures and data modeling across enterprise-level application systems. The selected candidate will be the primary promoter of data governance and data management best practices to ensure data definition consistency across the entire enterprise. He or she will be accountable for data modeling best practices by reviewing and creating data models for enterprise-level application systems and will be knowledgeable in enterprise data architecture, business intelligence, data warehousing, operational data management, relational databases, and big data designs.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop and implement enterprise-wide standards for cataloging and maintaining data structure and repositories
- Develop and implement framework for managing data across the organization.
- Develop and promote data management methodologies and standards.
- Analyze current structure and perform gap analysis to determine best method to set enterprise-wide data structure standards
- Perform tool selection analysis and implement the selected tools, software, applications, and systems which will be used to support our client’s data technology goals.
- Determine database structural requirements.
- Analyze and document current data structures and develop opportunities for improvement.
- Establish processes for governing the identification, collection, and use of corporate metadata; take steps to assure metadata accuracy and validity.
- Establish methods and procedures for tracking data quality, completeness, redundancy, and improvement.
- Map data sources, data movement, interfaces, and analytics.
- Address data-related problems in regards to systems integration and multiple-platform integration.
- Develop and deliver long-term strategic goals for overall data management roadmap, data architecture vision and standards in conjunction with data users, department managers, clients, and other key stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities for data reuse, data migration, or data retirement.
- Bachelors in computer science, engineering, or related technical field
- Hands-on knowledge of enterprise:
- Data repository tools
- Data modeling tools
- Data mapping tools
- Data profiling tools.
- Expertise with repository creation, and data and information system life cycle methodologies.
- Experience with business requirements analysis, entity relationship planning, and database design.
- Ability to manage data and metadata migration.
- Experience with big data technologies.
- Proficient in:
- Master Data Management
- Operational Data
- Analytical Data
- Unstructured Data
- Demonstrated ability to write complex SQL for purposes of analyzing data.
- Strong experience with ERWin
- Strong verbal and written communication with the ability to articulate ideas to various audiences.
- Strong understanding of relational data structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Strong understanding of metadata management and associated processes.
- Experience with Embarcadero process management tools
- Breadth of experience with a variety of MDM tools (MS MDM, Oracle CDH, UCM, NetWeaver, Siperian, Sun, TIBCO, etc.)
- Local Candidates strongly preferred
- Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of a thorough background check and drug screen
- Sponsorship is not being offered at this time
Data Architecture, Data Modeling, Physical Data Modeling, Master Data Management, Operational Data, Metadata, Data Governance
CCCi is an IT Staffing leader in Service, Value and Positive impact.
A WBENC-Certified Woman-Owned Enterprise, CCCi serves a broad and diverse client roster including many midmarket companies and government entities to Fortune 100 companies. Its dedicated teams operate from regional offices in Atlanta, Birmingham, Charlotte and Dallas. Founded in 1978 and headquartered in Atlanta, the company has highly qualified technical consultants on assignment in over 21 states.
With a reputation as a highly ethical business partner, CCCi displays uncompromised integrity and a straightforward approach that includes openness and honesty in all dealings. It eagerly seeks innovation and best practices, developing technical knowledge along with new and enhanced services that help clients create the type of IT organization their business demands.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Internet - ECommerce
4 Year Degree