Sr SQL Server DBA
Experience: 7 - 10 years
Title: Sr. SQL DBA (2012)
Location: Raleigh, NC
CCCi’s client is currently seeking a Senior SQL DBA, who is proficient in SQL 2012, based in Raleigh, NC. The Database Administrator is a key position that will help plan, design, implement, manage and maintain our client’s current corporate database systems. In this role, the DBA will install, configure, troubleshoot, and maintain the database systems for multiple corporate support systems. This position includes frequent interactions with internal IS and support staff as well as their global partners in other divisions across the globe. The applicant must maintain a current skill set in SQL Server 2012, Windows clustering, Active Directory, and associated technologies, and excel in coaching and training team members, customers, and support personnel. Familiarity with ITIL is a plus.
- The Expert SQL Server DBA will help to develop and manage solution, information, business, or enterprise architecture information and processes with all database architecture.
- Facilitate driving strategic decision making over complex design, deployment, management, support, and documentation of all SQL Server technologies, including:
- SQL Server engine
- SQL Server Business Intelligence
- SQL Server Reporting
- SQL Server Analysis Services
- SQL Server Integration Services
- SQL development
- And all business workflow driven interfaces which directly interact with SQL Server technologies
- Implement database operational and performance enhancement solutions with SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012.
- Writing and troubleshooting SQL Code and design
- Participate in all SQL Development work by creating database architecture with associated schema
- Provide expert industry knowledge of:
- Windows operating systems Server 2008
- Server 2008 R2
- Server 2012
- Windows Clustering
- AlwaysON and other high availability technologies.
- Troubleshooting & resolving database integrity, performance, blocking and deadlocking, replication, log, connectivity, and security issues etc.
- Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Hardware optimization and capacity planning and the ability to identify and troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention.
- Assist in providing backup, restore, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, Clustering, Database mirroring, Replication and High Availability strategies for MS SQL environments
- Ensure robust and resilient production capability to cost-effectively guarantee 99.99% availability.
- Implement database and Windows monitoring and make performance recommendations.
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Engineering, or other relevant degree
- 7 or more years related experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Advanced expertise on Microsoft SQL Server 2012 a must.
- Professional training in various technologies and tools; Microsoft (MCDBA, MCTS, MCITP)
- Experience working within multi-tenant SaaS or ASP environments
- Experience with SAN/NAS storage solution technology.
- Demonstrated experience with a strong knowledge of network-related hardware/software, related peripherals, practices, policies and procedures.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server, clustering and load-balancing.
- Familiarity with Healthcare IT solutions and Medical office environments.
- General experience with network connectivity and principles.
- Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of a full background check and drug screen
SQL Server 2012, AlwaysON, Clustering, Multi-tenant, data mirroring, migrations, SQL Server engine, SQL Server Business Intelligence, SQL Server Reporting, SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL development, stored procedures, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints, backup, restore, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, Clustering, Database mirroring, Replication, SAN/NAS
CCCi is an IT Staffing leader in Service, Value and Positive impact.
A WBENC-Certified Woman-Owned Enterprise, CCCi serves a broad and diverse client roster including many midmarket companies and government entities to Fortune 100 companies. Its dedicated teams operate from regional offices in Atlanta, Birmingham, Charlotte and Dallas. Founded in 1978 and headquartered in Atlanta, the company has highly qualified technical consultants on assignment in over 21 states.
With a reputation as a highly ethical business partner, CCCi displays uncompromised integrity and a straightforward approach that includes openness and honesty in all dealings. It eagerly seeks innovation and best practices, developing technical knowledge along with new and enhanced services that help clients create the type of IT organization their business demands.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Internet - ECommerce
4 Year Degree