To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge required. The individual must pass a standard Maintenance Mechanic “B” and Injection Molding test to demonstrate strong knowledge of mechanical and injection molding skill competencies.
Education and/or experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three months high pressure liquid fill experience, training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Employee must have experience with mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment. Must have a technical understanding and the ability to follow features such as: touch screens and machine instruction manuals. Prefer at least 2-4 years of experience in a production department. Must have knowledge of basic shop equipment and tools.
Ability to read and interpret work orders, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to fill out routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively and convey information to other employees. Must have knowledge of production equipment, and safety standards.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers. Math skills encompassing percentages, decimal systems, ratios, and conversions between English and Metric measurement systems are preferred.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Must be able to work independently as well as with others. Must be able to keep track of multiple tasks in a hectic environment. Must be able to analyze problems and suggest effective solutions. Must have interpersonal communication skills at a level to maintain or promote good morale and teamwork with superiors, peers, and subordinates.
The physical demand described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Must be able to stand for all working hours of the day. Must have full range of motion to stoop, bend, reach, twist, climb, and lift, while carrying heavy objects. Must be able to perform repeated duties with a full range of motion, under load.
1. Standing and walking on concrete floors in Blow Mold and Production areas.
2. Pushing and Pulling totes
3. Climbing a ladder or stairs to clean equipment
4. Bending, squatting, and kneeling while cleaning production equipment.
5. Lifting up to 20# from floor to waist frequently throughout the shift.
6. Lifting up to 50# from floor to waist occasionally throughout the shift.
7. Lifting up to 100#* from floor to waist rarely throughout the shift.
8. Lifting up to 20# from floor to overhead occasionally throughout the shift.
9. Lifting up to 50# from floor to overhead occasionally throughout the shift.
10. Lifting up to 20# from waist to overhead occasionally throughout the shift.
11. Lifting up to 50# from waist to overhead occasionally throughout the shift.
12. Lifting up to 20# from waist to shoulder frequently throughout the shift.
13. Lifting up to 50# from waist to shoulder occasionally throughout the shift.
14. Lifting up to 20# from shoulder to overhead rarely throughout the shift.
15. Lifting up to 50# from shoulder to overhead rarely throughout the shift.
16. *Pulling and pushing up to and over 100# rarely.
17. Objects lifted include rolls of labels, boxes of empty bottles and empty pallets.
18. Pushing, pulling empty pallets up to a distance of 50 feet.
19. Gripping frequently with hands.
20. Reaching at arm’s length frequently throughout shift with both hands.
21. Rotation of the trunk in all directions constantly throughout the shift.
22. Squatting, kneeling occasionally throughout the shift.
23. Forward bending frequently throughout the shift.
24. Wrist position of neutral constantly, palm down occasionally and palm up occasionally throughout the shift.
25. Static reaching rarely, at shoulder level, throughout the shift.
26. Crouching or stooping occasionally throughout the shift.
27. Standing, walking frequently, on concrete, throughout the shift.
28. Climbing stairs, into forklifts, frequently throughout the shift.
Environmental conditions include temperature, noise, vibration and proximity to moving machinery.
• Constantly - 5 ½ hours or more
• Frequently - 3 to 5 hours
• Occasionally - 1 to 3 hours
• Rarely - less than 1 hour
Lifting this amount of weight will not be tested; however, this job position may be required to lift the amount rarely throughout the shift. The priority is safety; therefore we suggest you request assistance from an associate to perform a 2 person lift according to correct lifting procedures. Always place personal safety first.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work in areas with high voltages, extreme temperature ranges (depending on the season), moving machinery, pressurized fluid systems, confined spaces, dusty areas, and high places. The noise level in the work environment requires hearing protection to be worn at all times.
1. Regularly work near moving mechanical equipment
2. Occasionally works in high places
3. Hot and Cold Temperature. Sudden changes in temperature. Concrete floors.
4. Requires eye and steel toe boot protection to be worn at all times.
5. The noise level in the work environment is loud and requires wearing hearing protection.
The work week could vary depending upon production requirements. It may include Saturday, Sundays, or Holidays with a specific weekday or rotating day off.
1. Will follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements.
2. Will support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF 2000 Systems.
3. Will be accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles.
4. Actively support the production of quality products on all production lines.
Working safely, following all company policies and complying with all Federal, State and County regulations is a condition of employment.