Assist the Recreation Coordinator in daily activities for developing and implementing a specialized exercise regimen for residents of the Veteran’s Domiciliary according to the resident’s capabilities, needs and interests. Exercise regiments may include elements such as physical fitness, cardiovascular training and weight training, or other activities requiring Incumbent to utilize creativity. Offers guidance and support to residents in order to achieve their goals in a safe and holistic environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Assist in assessing the physical fitness and/or recreational needs of the resident. (Wtd.___%)
1. Assist in creating a plan for specific interventions required to develop skills, and opportunities for exercise, mental stimulation, creativity and fun. Plans will also provide for adaptation or accommodation for disabled residents.
2. Help prepare and submit reports to the treatment team to reflect resident’s reactions and evidence of progress or regression.
- Assist with plans, organizing, directing and participating in activities to facilitate rehabilitation and improved physical conditioning. (Wtd.___%)
1. Help design activities and provides instruction to the resident that ensures safe operation of equipment and proper technique.
2. During the time a resident is participating in structured activities, Incumbent is responsible for ensuring the safety of the resident at all times in- and outside of the facility.
2. Encourages residents with special needs and circumstances to acquire new skills and get involved in health-promoting leisure activities.
- Communication and Maintaining Positive Relationships with Peers, Staff Members and
Clients (Wtd. 10%)
- Maintains appropriate behavior consistent with their role.
- Maintains composure under difficult conditions.
- Considers other’s perspective in decision-making and problem-solving.
- Shares information and knowledge.
- Listens to and builds on other’s ideas.
- Models excellence and encourages others to excel.
B. Self-development and Learning (Wtd. 10%)
- Accepts feedback as an opportunity for growth.
- Regularly participates in staff meetings, or staff development activities.
- Applies knowledge gained from educational and on-the-job activities to their work.
- Is receptive to new ideas and improvement efforts.
C. Displays commitment to the Mission and Values (Wtd. 10%)
1. Knows and follows policies related to safety.
2. Uses resources wisely and in a cost effective manner.
3. Adheres to policies for attendance.
4. Demonstrates the organization’s commitment to diversity.
5. Uses scheduled work time productively.
6. Knows and follows policies related to ethical conduct and is in compliance with the
Code of Conduct.
7. Gets involved in organizational activities, supports the involvement of others.
8. Participates in performance improvement and/or quality improvement initiatives.
9. Speaks positively of VOAGO to clients, the public and to co-workers.
10. Keeps work area and equipment clean and well cared for.
11. Supports and contributes to change initiatives.
12. Demonstrates flexibility in response to changing responsibilities and workload.
D. Demonstrates leadership to peers, clients and others (Wtd. 10%)
1. Responds quickly and appropriately to client/employee feedback or problems.
2. Expresses support of VOAGO and management initiatives when interacting with employees or clients.
3. Participates in developing improvements to current procedures and methods of operation
while ensuring quality and decreasing cost.
4. Demonstrates decisiveness within scope of authority and self-motivation.
EFFECT ON END RESULTS: TBD
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in committee meetings, staff meetings and other activities and/or meetings contributing to the effective, efficient operation of the program and agency.
- Maintains detailed statistical data and other client and program information for use in monthly reporting.
- Provides transportation services to clients when needed.
- Adheres to program and agency expectations as outlined in Volunteers of America’s policies and procedures.
- Performs duties of the job in accordance with organizational safety policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.