Currently we are searching for an Controls System Engineer for one of our larger avionics clients in Windsor Locks, CT. This role is a 6 month contract.
The role is as follows:
This position involves developing control logic for Air Management Systems, where the system is comprised of compressors, turbines and heat exchangers and automatic control is achieved by way of software controlled valves using sensed flows, pressures, temperatures and speeds.
Controls Engineer will take high-level system requirements (in DOORS); develop, model, and validate control logic with MATLab/Simulink; generate Control System requirements (with proprietary requirements management tool); and participate in integration and testing of control logic.
- 10+ years of experience developing Control Logic for aircraft Air Management Systems
- MS in Mechanical, Electrical, Systems, or Aeronautical Engineering (Will consider candidates with only BS but with extensive Control Systems experience.)
- Strong background in Control Theory
- Experience with MATLab/Simulink or similar analysis tools (MatrixX)
- Must be able to derive control system requirements based on system level requirements
- Must be able to review control logic requirements developed by team members
- Experience in system level testing of a closed loop control system
- Experience performing analysis of test results and identification of root cause of test failures
- Must be able to provide leadership to cross-functional team including running meetings
- Experience in software verification testing of embedded real-time systems
- Proprietary Requirements Management tool
- Will consider exceptional candidates with less than 10 years of experience (5+ years) if they can demonstrate depth of knowledge and ability in Controls Systems design.
- Prefer candidates with the following qualities: High energy, quick study, enthusiastic
If this opportunity sounds like a fit for you, please feel free to contact me Richard Katz @ 203-905-1035 or via email at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Must be US citizen, clients requirement due to the nature of the work
Exciting work within a dynamic organization!