Spherion is currently hiring for a Direct Hire plant supervisor with an industry leading truck body and walk-in manufacturer. Utilimaster recently moved into a state of the art facility in Bristol, IN and is looking to add top talent to their growing team. This opportunity offers great starting pay, full benefits, and opportunity for growth. See below and apply today!
This position provides leadership, direction, and coordination of team members in a manufacturing area with responsibilities for safety, quality, and productivity. This role actively participates and supports a work environment that is focused on lean and continuous improvement activities.
- Exhibits strong team development and performance management skills
- Demonstrates a strong commitment toward results – execution, attention to details
- Is passionate about safety, 5S, continuous improvement and lean
- Able to function in a collaborative environment with cross-functional teams
- Conduct small and large team meetings to communicate plant performance to the KPI’s
- Train or facilitate the training of new employees in all aspects of their job function
- Liaison between cross-functional and supporting teams and team members
- Ensure quality goals and objectives are met on a daily basis
- Prepare reject tags as required and manage this process per policy
- Monitor and improve the management of inventory
- Passionate about improving safety, quality, delivery, and cost
- Ability to identify root cause, implement corrective action where gaps to the goals exist – strong problem solving skills
- Schedule work assignment to maximize production efficiency
- Develop and monitor staffing plans to execute the schedule on time at the planned MPU or better